The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
I would like to thank the academy, my manager, the producers and editors of from the sticks to the bricks and back again, all the folks over at WordPress.com, without you none of this would be possible. I would also like to thank my friend Sam for putting me up to this blogging thing in the first place, my family and friends for all their support, and Jesus Christ, who is the head of my life.
I accept your nomination and according to the academy rules I must complete the following:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
- List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award
- Follow the blogger who nominated you (if not already!)
Seven Facts about Me
- I’d take a trip to Charlotte, North Carolina solely for the food. Made a trip to Charlotte via Fayetteville several years ago with the other half and can still taste the breakfasts of sausage gravy and grits and shrimp and grits dinner. This New England girl loves her some grits.
- About six months after my miscarriage, I found myself unemployed and wanting to seize the opportunity and move to Alaska. My other half humored me for about three weeks until he realized I was seriously looking for jobs and a house to rent. I kept saying things like: “It’s only for one year; if we don’t like it we can come back.” And, “It has been warmer in in Anchorage and Juneau every day for the last __ days than it’s been in Boston.” And probably his favorite rebuttal when he tried to reason with me, “It’s a different kind of cold. I’ll buy Alaska clothes and even wear warm boots.”
- In spite of growing up in New England, I hate the cold and never really liked playing in the snow. I don’t like the combination of wet and cold. I only enjoy winter for about six weeks and then I’m done already. Yes, I did just say I wanted to move to Alaska. But, it’s a different type of cold and I’d wear warm boots.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is pistachio but only good pistachio; the kind with pistachio nuts not walnuts.
- I am passionate about saving public education in this country and think more adults should volunteer for at least one semester in a public school classroom, particularly schools in urban and impoverished areas as mentors or tutors. I volunteer independently as a one-on-one mentor at a middle school in Roxbury, MA and as a citizen teacher in the extended learning time program, Citizen Schools.
- I have no tolerance for people who don’t vote. I once cast an absentee ballot from Arundel, West Sussex, UK. If you don’t vote, don’t complain at least not to me.
- If I could only eat one food it would have to be homemade pasta with red gravy.
And the envelope please … In the category of One Lovely Blog I nominate the following lovely blogs listed in no particular order:
- Bleeding my Emotions
- Fill Your Own Glass
- Zest and Herbs
- Adoption =
- The Reluctant Baptist
- Molly B and Me
- Everybody’s Gotta Be Somebody
- Journey in the Woods
- A Scheltered Life
- The Secret Muhajaba
- Bees in a Bonnet
- Hope, Fireflies and Fairytales
Selecting just fifteen blogs was challenging, but the academy has it rules for a reason. Hope you can visit the members of the illustrious nominating committee mentioned above and all of my nominees.
See you on the red carpet.